Friday, January 8, 2010

Twinkle Toes



Our teacher Ms. Jeanette


Doing our stretches!



Twirling


Point your toes!!!


The second half of the class took us into a gymastics lesson. Brooke was able to practice her balance on a balance beam, jump on a trampoline, do somersaults, crawling throuh tunnels. Brooke loved it!!!!




Tah DAH!!!!!




Practicing my somersaults



Little Monkeys


With the new baby coming I really wanted Brooke to have an activity that was all about her and made her feel special. I also liked the idea of her following directions from another person/teacher. So I decided to sign her up for Tiny Tot Ballet at our local gym, Flip To It. The first half of the class introduces the basic ballet techniques and vocabulary and the second half of the class is gymastics based. We were lucky enough that Brooke's friend Rylee signed up for the class too, that made it double the fun! They looked so cute, although Danielle and I had to laugh at their big ole' undies sticking out of their leotards-too cute! Brooke did so well. She followed all the directions and practiced all the moves that the teacher showed her. She loved the tumbling portion of the class too! It was a really great experience and I am looking forward to her upcoming classes and some type of performance in March. Brooke talked about the "dancing class" the whole way home. She kept saying "I have to listen to my teacher! I pointed my toes and I walked on my tiptoes. "
I will be sure to update new pictures as the classes go on!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home