Saturday, February 20, 2010

Meet Brianne Elizabeth Seffens






Mommy and her girls
Grammy
Grandma and Grandpa
Big Sister checking out Little Sister




YEAH a stork!!!

Daddy and his Girls
Auntie Lizzy and Uncle Erik


We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our second child for the last 9 months. Brianne Elizabeth Seffens joined our family on February 19th at 12:57 AM. She weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces and was 20 inches long. She has tons of dark brown/black hair. She looks a lot like her big sister did at birth. We are so happy that she is HEALTHY and that we as parents were able to enjoy the "normal" joys of a newborn. Her Big Sister is fascinated by her and loves her lots!



On the 18th of February, I felt labor pains at work (yes I was still working) around lunchtime. They continued to get worse as the afternoon went on. I finished out my day of teaching and headed to my regulary scheduled appointment. My doctor checked me and I was 3 cm dialted and he thought I would probably have the baby that night or the next day. The contractions got worse as we got home. Brookie left with the Evangelhos (for a sleepover) and we headed to the hospital. My contractions were right on top of each other but we had to wait for the doctor to get out of surgery before I could be admitted. I was finally admitted around 6:30 and the epidural was started (after 4 tries-yikes!). I waited for my dialtion to move along and was given some pitocin to help move her head down. They checked me around 12:45, said it was time to get the doctor and told me to make a few pushes (less than 5 minutes) and out she came, beautiful as ever! We anxiously waited for her to be checked and for the nurses to tell us she was healthy! She was healthy!!! What a relief for us, now we could enjoy our new little girl!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

What beautiful pictures! She is just PERFECT! The Gordon clan is so happy for you and can't wait to meet your newest addition! Thanks for the timely blog update (Catherine was thrilled- as you can imagine!). Enjoy your beautiful new daughter. Soak in every minute. AAAAhhhh, I miss babies! Hope to see you this week (Brendan is pretty sick right now, so we are hiding out at home). Will call/text you to see when we can visit!

February 21, 2010 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger eazelasko said...

Wow! Sounds like an uneventful birth...thank goodness! I'm so excited to meet her! Let me know when things calm down for you and C and I would love to come for a visit (or I can come without her if you would prefer!)

February 22, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home